Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a cheap fix for wiring harness, seems like in the crash the connections of the harness became loose and now my headlight does not fire up completely nor the turn signal, i noticed it when i did install of the headlight so i put lots of electrical tape around the harness and the cables going in the harness i think it might have become loose again..

Shall i maybe drop some candle wax in there when cables are making proper connection or shall i just purchase a new wiring harness plug how hard would it be to get all the cables in the new plug need any special tools to clamp them in position ?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Didn't you have a shop repair it? Take it to them and make them fix it, their problem, not yours.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't you have a shop repair it? Take it to them and make them fix it, their problem, not yours.
Nope no shop touched the headlights, the wiring harness might have come loose when the firemen took it out of the fallen out headlight :giggle:.. but they (shop) probably just do the temporary fix like i did so what's the point am taking car back in for the stupid paint chip they did because they did not know where to put the gm decal.

Can i not just replace the black socket/end or will the complete wire need to be pulled out ?

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looking line i dont need the harness thanks to my noobness.. i think its called the 5 pin female connector : ACDelco PT2416 5 Way Female Black Wire Lead Connector : Amazon.com : Automotive

Now that is one expensive connector i think i be better off with zip ties and electrical tape.

Shall i disconnect battery though ? If so take the red wire or the black wire off battery before i play with the connector and try to shove the wires back into the sockets properly.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
You didn't have a shop do the repair work for the accident? I thought you did... No need to disconnect the battery, there is no current through that plug as long as the lights aren't on.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You didn't have a shop do the repair work for the accident? I thought you did... No need to disconnect the battery, there is no current through that plug as long as the lights aren't on.
Good to know that, yaa but shop was being anal about 1 hr labour charge to install these that is insane took me today with proper tools about 10 minutes maybe to unplug and plug .. i think its not the harness that is bad but the pins on the headlight itself were not making proper contact i think i did not push it far in enough the firs time and it became loose it was the Green cable that was not connecting properly.

For now have pushed it as far as it will go put some electrical tape around the wires of the headlight plug and some electrical tape to hold more strongly maybe the two connections in place, so far so good.

Even figured out how to change the beam height so easy on these headlights :devil: but am still going in shop next week though for them to fix the fked up paint chip they did while moving the decal around.. insane they tried to cover it up with the left over glue .. good thing i decided to clean the glue myself and found the chip.

46$ for the wiring harness though if it keeps giving me grief, have asked my insurance adjuster if that could be made part of the claim.. if so i will just get a new harness in next week and get the shop to install it as part of insurance fix :p.

I dunno why the dealers do not sell the plug only ? How hard would it be for someone to install the harness, where does it terminate into on the battery side ? Does it connect through the firewall to the switch inside ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts