Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the headlight assembly on my 2018 Impala, the factory lights which were halogen were poor performance, changing to LED isn't much better, I was considering going with Morimoto projectors and HID bulbs.
Has anyone had experience doing this?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did it in my '15 Altima. Amazing change. I had to remove the entire front bumper cover to get it done and bake the headlights to pull the lenses apart and reseal them. Unsure on your Impala.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi IndyJoe, what lights did you upgrade to, what brand, and how long did you bake your lights in order to unseal them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did it in my '15 Altima. Amazing change. I had to remove the entire front bumper cover to get it done and bake the headlights to pull the lenses apart and reseal them. Unsure on your Impala.
What brand of lights did you upgrade too and how long did you bake your lights in break the seal in them?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used the Morimoto projectors and HID conversion kit from www.theretrofitsource.com for my Altima. I wanna say like 15 to 20 minutes at like 200°. It was in the directions, I do believe. Nissan had a problem with the projector bowls burning. These Morimotos wont.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the Morimoto projectors and HID conversion kit from www.theretrofitsource.com for my Altima. I wanna say like 15 to 20 minutes at like 200°. It was in the directions, I do believe. Nissan had a problem with the projector bowls burning. These Morimotos wont.
Ok, I was thinking of using Morimoto projectors and going with HID bulbs too. Once you were done it made a significant difference?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts