Impala Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to install my OEM headlights back on after having aftermarket headlights on for the last year and wanted to go back because recently they’ve lost high to low beam function and is stuck on one(I can’t tell the headlights honestly are garbage quality) anyways when I put my OEM headlights back on the right one is perfectly fine but the left is out completely looked at the fuses and they are all fine I’m wondering if the aftermarket issue that caused them to lose low to high function is the same problem as my OEM left headlight not turning on at all? Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
442 Posts
If the fuses and bulbs are ok it would surprise me to learn that aftermarket assemblies are capable of causing more damage than just burning out.
I’d use multimeter to verify if power is at the plug where it goes to headlight assm. I’d imagine it’s possible that it’s not all the way plugged in or there’s corrosion in the plug. I’d also think that if the aftermarket ones were capable of doing damage it would have began at the assm itself but I really have no idea. Regarding aftermarket assemblies, I bought some hoping they’d be better than original or at least equal but they were not. I found that mine looked as though the lens was clouded but that chrome stuff was just faded by the sun and the lenses were fine. I got that super strip adhesive for headlights, disassembled them taped off the headlight areas and sprayed them black then reassembled them. Got rid of that faded chrome and blacked them out. IMHO they look far better than cheap aftermarket’s.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another thought is your hi/lo beam switch.
On that note, maybe your headlight switch.
I'll have to check the bulb to make sure it's not burnt out because neither works, but I'm not sure how it could burn out after it was fine before I switched it for Aftermarket. As for the switch my right headlight has low to high function on the OEM headlight

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just tried to install my OEM headlights back on after having aftermarket headlights on for the last year and wanted to go back because recently they’ve lost high to low beam function and is stuck on one(I can’t tell the headlights honestly are garbage quality) anyways when I put my OEM headlights back on the right one is perfectly fine but the left is out completely looked at the fuses and they are all fine I’m wondering if the aftermarket issue that caused them to lose low to high function is the same problem as my OEM left headlight not turning on at all? Any help is greatly appreciated
Check fuses, bulbs, connections and grounds.

Attachments

Reactions: snosaint and sheila
1 - 5 of 5 Posts