Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to align my headlights, but I'm having a seriously hard time doing it right. I got the left and right perfect and where it needs to be, but I don't know where to aim the vertical.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/Evilweredragon/headlamp.jpg

That's the kind I got..

Right now, my first night driving with it, I found it aiming a little high, and when I turned on the high beams, it was just aiming at the sky.

I tried to read and understand several pages, but to me it's all gibberish. Is there any way, in laymen's terms, how to easily do this?

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
IIRC you adjust the up and down with the screw on top. On a level surface, park your car with the lights aimed at a blank wall at about 20'-25' back from the wall. I think you try to get the middle of each light around 24" (?) from the ground. Might not be exactly right, but it should get you started.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Sounds about right, typically they tell you 25' and 2', so close enough. Side to side is a little trickier to get right, you want the driver light to be barely right of straight ahead, and the passenger light to be right beside it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts