Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I've searched high and low and can't seem to find anything I could be wrong but on my 2007 3.5 LT my passenger side headlight is perfect but my drivers side seems way too high and I'm not sure which direction to turn the adjustment screw to get my drivers side to come down to where it's not blinding people coming at me.. Much help would be appreciated thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Okay so I've searched high and low and can't seem to find anything I could be wrong but on my 2007 3.5 LT my passenger side headlight is perfect but my drivers side seems way too high and I'm not sure which direction to turn the adjustment screw to get my drivers side to come down to where it's not blinding people coming at me.. Much help would be appreciated thank you in advance

I have had success on several vehicles with the adjustment of the vertical aim on the headlamps by parking on a level surface (such as inside a garage - facing a wall, or in the driveway - facing the closed garage door. I park about 5-feet from the wall or door.

I start the vehicle, turn on the headlamps, and put a piece of painter’s tape on the wall or garage door - at the bottom of the intense circular “beam”. I then turn the adjusting screw to raise or lower the misadjusted lamp. You can use a level to determine where to put a second piece of painter’s tape for the misadjusted lamp, based upon the piece of tape that you mark the “good” lamp with.

I do not use duct tape - so I don’t damage the wall or door paint, and the painter’s tape is easy to apply and remove.

The 8th generation Impala headlamp capsule is very easy to remove and install. Before aiming, make sure the capsule is fully seated and the white plastic tab, that is raised to release the capsule, is fully seated. Information on how to remove the capsule (for bulb replacement) is contained in the vehicle owner’s manual.

Let us know how things turn out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which direction do I turn the adjustment screw lol I don't want to go up when I have to take it down lol

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Which direction do I turn the adjustment screw lol I don't want to go up when I have to take it down lol

No sure. I would closely watch (or have a helper watch) the light beam as you begin to adjust, and see which way the beam moves. The beam will move slowly, as you may have to do 3-5 full rotations before you see a difference.

My family has owned a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2, and 2008, 2011, & 2012 Impala LTZ models with those headlamps. I have adjusted them - I just don’t remember the direction of turn.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had that on my 2011 Impala LT after I had to replace the headlight on the driver's side. It was slightly high and I never could get it adjusted to my satisfaction but I decided to stop worrying about it after the car passed a state safety inspection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts