Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the brighter headlamps. I bought the Sylvania Silver Star and they are nice and bright but just don't last. I've had a few that lasted 2 weeks! Never more than 6 months. Phillips are not nearly as bright. Anyone? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Lumen by lumen the non tinted bulbs are best. I actually modified a pair of high beam bulbs into the low beam spot and it made quite the difference. Also did it in my grandmas truck and really noticed a difference. Look up online the h9-h11 mod.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
306 Posts
Lumen by lumen the non tinted bulbs are best. I actually modified a pair of high beam bulbs into the low beam spot and it made quite the difference. Also did it in my grandmas truck and really noticed a difference. Look up online the h9-h11 mod.

what he said. did the same on impala and truck. got all I needed with that.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
SO you basically run high beams all of the time? Surely that is not good at all for other drivers?

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Yeah. Before I got my projectors. 750 extra lumens. It's not actually blinding seeing how the cap is still in the low beam reflector housing which reduces glare. You will get slightly less hours out of the bulbs but it was worth it for me. I also did it to my sister Impala. She said it's defiantly noticeable difference.

It's a lot better then running HID's in there like many locals do. That really blinds ya.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts