Impala Forums banner

Headers

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  spedos 
#1 ·
Hello forum i have a 95 impala ss and my question is if im not looking for big horsepower but want my car to sound good do i need headers or can i just go with a cat back exhaust. My car is bone stock in excellent condition but i would like a little growl nothing to loud but you can hear it when you want to and any suggestions on what type would be greatly appreciated thx.

#2 ·
Exhaust is really really subjective that said to gan any real sound the cat back should be changed. May folks think deleting the resonators will help, it won't, they just stop drone. The stock intermediate pipes and mufflers are pretty restrictive.

Like I said a whole fatback kit would be the place to start but best I can say far as picking one is go to some car gatherings, hopefully you can find some Impala/Caprice/Roadies to listen to.
LS1 cars have a different firing order so they sound different, try to listen to the dual exhaust LT1 cars or at least regular small block Chevys.

#4 ·
The full dual exhaust system on my daughters 1996 SS has a set of ceramic coated Sanderson long tube headers running to an X pipe then continues to a pair of FlowMaster Super 44 series mufflers, then exit behind each rear tire with small megaphone cone style tips....Yeah, it's pretty loud. (trying to find some original components to swap them out with).

Light Auto part Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.