Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a good set of headers for a 2002 impala with a 3.8???

·
Registered
358 Posts
i think slp has some, also zzp performance has some exhaust manifolds.

·
Registered
358 Posts
i really need to get a full exhaust so i can put a smaller pulley& for the sound

·
Registered
358 Posts
thats true its not like the stock catbacks r that restrictive. ive been looking at t.o.g ther really nice i might go with them, do u know if the hogan modular downpipe would bolt up to t.o.g's or should i just go with the random tech.

·
Registered
358 Posts
o alright i see do u know what the RT-CAT-U high flow cat & u bend for t.o.g. headers is. i just didnt see any option for a cat with the t.o.g.'s.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
It will be the pipe you weld to the DP that includes the cat/U bend..
Look under your car, if stock exh. you'll see an ugly, restrictive bend (by pass door hinges) in the shape of a "U" where the rear O2 is loc., the solution, cut the ubend out, weld O2 bung @ 3oclock (instead of stock 12 oclock), problem solved ;). If you want to run cats (or have to) you'll need that pipe, or one made w/ a hi flow cat.

Some lucky people dont have E-tests, so they dont need the cat ;)

CRAP! Almost forgot! see if you can find an 02 Extension! I fried my front o2 harness when it hit the header, and is EXTREMLY Tight to run it w/ contact on the header due to the o2 loc!

something like this
http://www.lmperformance.com/2595/1.html
(not sure if that one will work or not), I still havent fixed mine, but have a new harness on its way for the new build, and going to cut/solder the old into the new to get the length i need

1 - 10 of 10 Posts