Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have been in the exhaust business for over 40 years and I drive a Blown 427 Chevrolet (for 29 years).
My name is Stan and I build custom and production headers and exhaust systems. I can answer any exhaust questions that you might have and I can help you locate almost any exhaust or tubing parts you might need. I can also help you trouble shoot many problems, just e-mail me.
[email protected]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome Stan
I have some questions I have
Headman thermo coated shorty's on my 71 Impala 400sb no problem with them
I also have 2.5 custom aluminized pipe into Flowmaster 40 series mufflers and tips are 3" S/S
Now my problem is the pipes going over the rear end it is flatend bend I would like mandrel bent tubing or would it even matter as far as HP
Thanks for any info

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headers & Exhaust

Mandrel bent exhaust is far better than "crush bent" pipes. I would recomend 2 1/2" mandrel bent pipes with an "H" pipe in front of the mufflers. The reason that I suggest 2 1/2" is because it is larger and we charge the same for 2 1/2" as 2 1/4" pipes.
We don't make a production set of pipes for your car but we can build them in our shop on your car. O my 1966 blown 427 I have dual 3" exhaust with Magna flows.

Stan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts