Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the works is a MMH1 retrofit and a slew of leds and a touch of paint. My questions are
1. Has anyone ever opened the 8th gen tails? I was using my heat gun and it seemed the the adhesive used is not the same as headlights. By the time it was soft so was the plastic. Is it possible to open without total distruction?
2 Iv read of people doing vht to amber reflector.. has anyone done straight spray paint? Is there a melting issue? Corner lamp will be replaced with led.
3 the Drl .. is it its own wire to headlamp or is the fuse only way to eliminate it. I'd like to remove it from low lamps (for hids) and work in some leds

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read that this morning accually lol. And your other thread that was 5 pages long (the one with all of the trolling..lol) but I'm questioning the opening of the tail lights and the heat of the front reflector if bulb is removed.

·
Cucky
662 Posts
haha. yeah im not sure about the tail lights. personally I wouldn't mess with those. also the DRL you can remove with the two fuses. 1 and 2!

but yes, it did have a ton of trolling and was quite annoying. lol

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I guess il give up the tails.. for now. But about the drl I was curious about keeping them.. but not in the standard h11 low beam. As per having the low beam do everytjing minus drl and have a seperate wire that's only drl. Of coarse worst case.. have one on all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts