Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have named your cars? I know this sounds a bit silly but I am considering naming mine.

Would like suggestions of what I should name my 2014 White Diamond LTZ 2LZ and would also like to hear the name you use when you talk about your car (other than POS)! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
How many of you have named your cars? I know this sounds a bit silly but I am considering naming mine.

Would like suggestions of what I should name my 2014 White Diamond LTZ 2LZ and would also like to hear the name you use when you talk about your car (other than POS)! ;)

I have a 2014 Chevrolet Impala 2LTZ. Chevrolet named the vehicle for me.

Are you serious?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2014 Chevrolet Impala 2LTZ. Chevrolet named the vehicle for me.

Are you serious?
Not terribly serious! I personally don't take life too serious so sometimes doing things out of the ordinary makes my life more interesting.

I am not asking to be judged or for anyone to agree with me, could careless either way to be honest. I am asking do you have a special name for your car?

This post is intended to be somewhat out of the ordinary which is why I put it under General Discussion / Off-Topic.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
White boy/girl?
I never really got into naming things, but I call my winter Impala “The Beater” or “The/My Winter Beater”, and the summer Impala “The ‘04” or “The/My Summer Car”.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've never really named my cars. I remember when I was a kid my parents cars were usually referred to as old green or old yellow corresponding to color lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brand new LS brought home yesterday.

After 18 years with BMW 3 and Z series cars and this last year with a Chevy Bolt, this big guy is Biff for Big Friendly Fella.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I grew up with my parents naming all of their cars so, as conditioned, I fell in line..... my current 16' Impala is "Silver Bullet" although my niece calls it "The Mouse" because it squeaked A LOT when I first got it (rear SWAY bar bushing were dry).
Just for fun I'll share all of my car names over the years:

09' Envoy: Snow White
04' Taurus: The Bull
01' Aurora: The Roarer (V8 with rotted mufflers)
97' Lumina: Blue Streak
97' Monte Carlos: The Black Knight

Most memorable car from my childhood was my moms' 84' Olds Ninety-Eight Regency which she affectionately called "Betsy". Betsy was hands down her favorite child.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Blue Streak

My old Monte Carlo was named the Blue Streak. I showed the car a bit and most people thought the name referred to how fast the car was. In reality, I could never get the windows perfectly clean. There was always a streak......thus the name.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thinking Pearl Jams

I call mine the Love Boat. It was pretty much unanimous.

https://imgur.com/gallery/erl3jEG

^^this explains it!
Missiontomars, your Impala looks very similar to my previous 2012 LTZ. Sharp car!

So for those following, I think I have decided on "Pearl Jams" for the nickname. The paint has that pearl look and the Bose 11 speaker surround sound in the car kicks! :3gears:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Missiontomars, your Impala looks very similar to my previous 2012 LTZ. Sharp car!

So for those following, I think I have decided on "Pearl Jams" for the nickname. The paint has that pearl look and the Bose 11 speaker surround sound in the car kicks! :3gears:
Thank you!! Yup, she's a 2012. I love all the LTZ goodies and the wheels fit nicely.

As for the name, loving it!! Love me some PJ, and it's a well-fitted name that isn't over the top. And it makes sense. Dig it!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I call my '15 2LTZ the "Shark", due to it's Onstar/4GLTE antenna on top that looks like a dorsal fin, and it's silver topaz light blue color. I've pretty much named all of our vehiicles down through the decades. I haven't thought up a name for my Ford pickup in almost 2 years of ownership. For now I just call it the F150 or "my truck".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts