Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have, and I've gotta say....I'm not a fan. Never have been a fan of gold badges though, so there's no surprise there.

This is the only Imp I've seen em on though, so I'm sure they're quite rare.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Is that factory? It looks Like A$$ but its different, and must be rare.

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Prob dealer add-on but not sure. Definitely different, but there's a reason they're rare! lol

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cloth tops always got me too... now some cars can pull it off, but many times they cover the rear quarter window and it looks terrible!!!

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
That was not a factory option.

·
Banned
667 Posts
I have, and I've gotta say....I'm not a fan. Never have been a fan of gold badges though, so there's no surprise there.

This is the only Imp I've seen em on though, so I'm sure they're quite rare.
seen one on ebay I asked the person if they were for salev

Might just have to get some
Aztec Gold touch up paint

Attachments

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If ^^ that had tailcovers on it, I think it would look really classy.

ONLY on black, because black & gold is classy as f***

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it would look really good man, you should go for it :eek:k3:

There's gotta be an easy way to make them gold....could always use plasti-dip with gold metalizer, though it would be hard to do the back one like that....

·
Banned
667 Posts
I think it would look really good man, you should go for it :eek:k3:

There's gotta be an easy way to make them gold....could always use plasti-dip with gold metalizer, though it would be hard to do the back one like that....

I was thinking gold plated, nothing too fancy 10k yellow gold plated.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Gold plating plastic? Sure it's possible but, not cost effective. Plating requires a layer of conductive material which would likely require a layer of copper, then nickel, then finally the gold. Not worth it if you ask me. Better off using plasti-dip with a gold metalizer like stated before.

I do not believe the impys came with an option for gold badges. Likely something done aftermarket. Only looks good on black if you ask me.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Gold plating plastic? Sure it's possible but, not cost effective. Plating requires a layer of conductive material which would likely require a layer of copper, then nickel, then finally the gold. Not worth it if you ask me. Better off using plasti-dip with a gold metalizer like stated before.

I do not believe the impys came with an option for gold badges. Likely something done aftermarket. Only looks good on black if you ask me.
It's dipped in conductive coating, then nickel plated , then gold plated.

Copper would be great and very cost effective.
even though it gets corrosion (green and or brown)

I'd have to clean it with ketchup to remove the corrosion once a week. Seriously Ketchup does restore it to brand new condition try it with a copper penny

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I does look good on the black impy only, but I still think it looks odd with gold badges and silver or raw aluminum wheels.

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
It may be dealer add-on. I know the Malibu's of early 2000 style had a gold emblem option. I have seen many. It DOES look better with a darker paint, though. Even on the Impala, black & gold is sexy...not sure a dark blue could pull it off, though...

·
Drinks Gasoline
237 Posts
I'd have to clean it with ketchup to remove the corrosion once a week. Seriously Ketchup does restore it to brand new condition try it with a copper penny
Let me tell you about these special cleaners. They're called "Vinegar" and "Citric Acid".

Then you don't get red splotchy sugary stuff everywhere.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts