Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I keep trying to find it in a local store. That way if you buy it and it does not work
you can take it back. Online returning sucks.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
They also have the better business after them in multiple states.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
It looks too good to be true.

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
When I first saw the commercial I laughed. I use Meguires, and 2001, in a green bottle. The 2001 does last a while, but I think Meguires is better. Wipe new just looks like crap...:yahoo:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I use armorall or however you spell it, since I do my dash and stuff multiple times a week. Mine gets dusty in a days time going to work. And my outside trim is dipped so I don't worry about it. It'll be body color soon enough anyway.

·
Registered
848 Posts
It's hype. There is no replacement for hard work and using the right product for the job :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
they have been selling the same stuff in auto parts stores for years. they call it headlight lens restore, plastic restore, etc etc.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I agree with all of the above, however, I will note that I have bought some things on TV that I've been really good. DR Colorchip comes to mind.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I purchased the $20 bottle from Target at the beginning of the summer to put on the interior dash, on the door panels and on the bottom side molding. It has held up a lot longer than any Armor All or Meguiar's product that I have used in the past. After the summer heat and numerous rains along with a 1100 mile road trip to Tennessee there is still a nice gloss to it and still looks wet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
There was what sounds like a similar product out about 20 years ago called Effortless Acrylic. I tried it on some junkyard body parts (bought for practicing dent removal) and it seemed to work, at least for a little while. It was expensive at the time so I tried to save it for later, but the bottle froze in my garage over the winter...oh well.

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
I purchased the $20 bottle from Target at the beginning of the summer to put on the interior dash, on the door panels and on the bottom side molding. It has held up a lot longer than any Armor All or Meguiar's product that I have used in the past. After the summer heat and numerous rains along with a 1100 mile road trip to Tennessee there is still a nice gloss to it and still looks wet.

Whats it called?

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I've purchased WipeNew from Walmart, but ended up buying my 2012 Impala before I actually tried it on my 94 Lumina! Still have the full bottle.... Buying it from TV is a rip - they kill you on shipping and handling...

Tony - the guy above is talking ahout WipeNew - walmart has it for $20.... I do believe the stuff works from what ive heard... you better like the shiny look though!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
110 Posts
pure junk. all solvent. they should not be advertising putting that on the interior of cars, the smell is so bad. a friend of mine tried it, he cant get the smell out

Alan

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
As far as I know, it's NOT advertised for interior use! It's for faded exterior parts...

EDIT: Well, I'm wrong - they do advertise it for both interior and exterior use! I haven't smelled it - does it have a bad odor?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes that is what I was talking about and was the smell the only problem your friend had with this product. I must admit that the smell lasted a few days, longer than I thought it would but the result I thought was worth it. I haven't put anything on my interior dash since the beginning of the summer and it still has the gloss to it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts