Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove the distributor from a 91 Caprice, problem is, the firewall is in the way. Has anyone else done this and if so, can they tell me an easy way to get it done?

I have removed the cap and rotor, so they are not in the way.

Thanks
I am trying to remove it because I am trying to replace the pickup coil. Everything is ready, clamp has been removed, I lack 2 inches of room to remove it. I've tried removing the trans mount and lowering the trans, but there's still not enough room. THe only thing let that I know of is to actually unbolt the motor and move it forward.

Thanks,
Eric

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Make a mark on the firewall for positioning purposes, unscrew the hold-down bolt and pull it straight up; be gentle. Its very important that you put it back in the same place (for timing purposes).You'll notice a gear at the end of the shaft.It's not that hard if you take your time.Just make sure you mark a spot on the firewall for placement. It'll make the job a whole lot easier. By the way, you didn't mention WHY you are taking it out. Is it because of a bad gasket on your intake manifold? GOOD LUCK!!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well you are doing it right . now you have to remove the hold down bracket and screw and mark it before you pull it straight up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts