Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found a few of the 5 star 00+ Impala rims (thanks 04DetroitLS) and I'm planning on painting them black. That is, painting them black by myself aka spray paint. I found this one page online and someone painted their rims black and it looked pretty nice. Has anyone ever attempted this? If so, results? Any suggestions or tips on doing this?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
media (sand) blast + spray bomb + clear coat. Might want to look into powdercoating, around here you can get them done pretty inexpensively, and looks like factory ;) plus most places could leave the lip polished, and only do the spokes, or multi color, etc... would prob. hold up better than praypaint too.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I have seen customers spray paint and also powder coat wheels. The spray paint actually looks nice but took many coats and will not last too long if its a daily driver. The powder coat looks awesome whether its a complete wheel or just the spokes or just the inside of the spokes and around here it costs only $50ish per wheel to bead blast and powder coat each wheel which is a very nice deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing is I don't have a lot of money to put into the rims. I think I'm just going to spray paint them. I'm going to go a lot of primer, paint & clear layers. I'll post pics whenever I get all the rims set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts