Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently my Impala started acting up by waiting until 4K-ish to shift into 2nd.

If you take your foot off the accelerator, the resume presure, it will shift normal.

and after that, it will shift normally.

Anyone else run into this?

Also I was trying to add some power steering fluid, and tried to get a funnel down there, but it wouldn't go, so I pulled it out, but I think I might have jarred one of the connectors next power steering fluid resivoir.

Could this have affected anything?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Can't say about the connectors without seeing pics or referring to my own car.

How many miles and which motor are in your car?

The catalytic converter could be plugged, and that would cause your car to shift funny (slow, weird rpms)

Tranmission solenoids are another common issue on the Impala transmissions. Yours could be on the way out.

Cat converter is probably still covered under some type of warranty, the trans solenoid (expensive) will not be.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You should be looking for more info on the solenoid then.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't say about the connectors without seeing pics or referring to my own car.

How many miles and which motor are in your car?

The catalytic converter could be plugged, and that would cause your car to shift funny (slow, weird rpms)

Tranmission solenoids are another common issue on the Impala transmissions. Yours could be on the way out.

Cat converter is probably still covered under some type of warranty, the trans solenoid (expensive) will not be.
Sorry to bring this topic up, but I need some help.

The car is waiting to shift every single 1-2 shift, and will pop out of second/or downshift early, and wait 2-3 sec to shift, and now I have the check engine light on:mad:

Which transmission soleniod is it, and does anyone have pictures of where it is in the Transmission?

How hard of a replacement on the 1-10 scale?

Thank you again for all your knowledge.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
take it to a trans shop ut not just one many!!! get some wuotes and see what they say.... no i dont have pics of the solenoid but im sure someone has a diagram

1 - 7 of 7 Posts