Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got an 06 impala 3lt last week and love it, but feel the handling could be more crisp. Any suggestion and where to purchase parts???

·
Registered
7 Posts
whats size rims you got upgrading the rim size help handling change my camry 14 s into 18 s feel alot better weave through traffic but reduces mpg and speed

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you want to keep a nice ride but improve handling, I would check to see if the SS sway bars will bolt right up. (somthing I would like to find out as well). If you can get some polyurethane bushings from Energy as well, it will completely change the handling. Other help is obviously the type of shocks, wheel & tire size, etc. On my 2003 Vic I upgraded the rear sway bar to the largest one for the Marauder, along with Energy bushings and endlinks for the front and back. Handled much better, but still had a nice ride so I didnt mess with anything else. I paid around $250 for everything, new. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
id love to get some strut bars and some better sway bars aswell but cant find any for the ltz model...all the stuff is for the SS=/ Does n e one know if SS suspesion upgrades fit on lt and ltz models??

·
Registered
375 Posts
The GMPP handling kit runs 200 bucks.

It includes:

upgraded front sway bar (34mm)
upgraded rear sway bar (19 or 21mm)
solid trailing arms (stock is channel-bent)
1 strut tower bar (buy a second and DonRome's brackets to make install a snap)

For a few extra bucks, buy some poly bushings from Energy.

The GMPP kit is available on GMPartsDirect.com under 2000-2005 SS Impala for about 200 bucks, DonRome's brackets can be bought at DRCustomparts.com for about 80 bucks, plus 20 bucks for a second Strut tower bar.

While the parts often say they are for the SS models, these parts will all fit properly on all non-ss models from 2000 and up.

Altogether, you'll have the best bang-for-your-buck setup you can get for about 300 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts