Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to wire the halo lights to come on with parking lights? I have a 2014 ltz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
Is there a way to wire the halo lights to come on with parking lights? I have a 2014 ltz

I’ve never done it. But you’d have to bypass the factory set up. And simply splice a wide from the DTR to the wires that connect to the halo. I would think this would be the easiest way to do that.

Now u can just simply turn the light switch on the car one notch up, and it turns on the halos with the dtr. It does with mine anyways. So no need to splice anything lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was hoping there was a way to do it where i don't have to worry about leaving the lights on. Where they just came on and off automatically. I jumped a wire in my old truck that took the DRL's to the fog lights. Didn't know if there was a fuse connection or anything like that, that would work.

·
Registered
293 Posts
There probably is since they seem to run independently.

Pick up a digital multimeter. And start testing at the fuses. Flip the parking lights on/off. See what turns on with dtr, and see if u can find the fuse that operates the halos. That’s how I’d do it.

Instead of splicing. If u can find the DTR fuse. Then simply make a jump wire from there to the halo circuit.

Go to auto zone. Pick up 2 fuse adaptors add on circuit pieces. One for the dtr. Plug in there. The other for the halos. Connect them together, problem solved. Then there’s no splicing at all

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just for giggles I went and tested it out for u.

The DRL Fuses are same as the halo. So to get this to work properly you’d have to pull the headlight assembly. And the DRL assembly out.

Then splice the + wire from the DTR to the halo + wire. And eliminate the factory + wire into the halo. Problem is, doing this you need to make sure you weather proof your connections or it will fail fairly quickly. Seems like a lot of hassle to me lol I’ll leave mine alone. But if I was to do it, that’s how I’d go about it.

Solder the connections and use heat shrink tubing to seal them. Make sure to coat the bare wires with di electric grease before you heat shrink over it.

Good luck

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
I did use the harness.

It was a pain to get to the bumper harness but I pulled the the top piece of the front off and was able to get my hand down to the harness from the top

·
Registered
293 Posts
IMG_1311.jpg

This may, or may not help lol but this is where the harness is located (driver side all the way up under the head light assembly) which is a black harness btw

The other 2 harnesses are easy to get to and are directly under the headlight fixture, they are grey

·
Registered
293 Posts
Few days

I ordered last Tuesday evening and it showed up fri

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got mine ordered today. Are your halos bright like your fog lights with this harness?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
It’s really easy to figure out. I can walk u thru it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If anyone is near SE Wisconsin area (around milwaukee) I’d be willing to help get there’s in

·
Registered
293 Posts
damn this mod looks amazing. I don't know if I can do this without step by step instructions with pictures though

@tjhenry77 was there an instruction manual that came with the product?

Sorry there’s no instruction manual

1 - 20 of 56 Posts