Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I last year I was having the p2138 popping daily 3 to 4 times and was toldto replace the accelerator being the sensor is part of it and it worked for 3 weeks the popped once a month until now. Now the p2138 is popping every day and my foot doesn't even have to be on the accelerator. It has even kicked it out of cruise a couple of times. So now I am wondering...... Could the accelerator I just got in November went out again? Could it be my wiring harness? Could it be my throttle positioning sensor? Or is there something I am missing? Can someone please help me on this i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
While waiting for somebody whose been down the path you're on to help solve this for you; here's something to try.
Pretty simple.
This procedure has a 50-Percent success rate.
Assure you have all anti-theft security codes, vehicle preferences reset know-how and owner's manual instructions for New Battery installation.
Try an: "Over-nite ReBoot"

Remove your Battery.
Trickle charge it on the Bench overnight. (Min. 6 Hrs)
Six or eight hours without +12VDC should be a 'Flat-line' for long enough to reset everything but the odometer reading.
50 / 50
When anybody tells you what a waste of time this was if it don't work, ... tell 'em you had placed the Battery on charge.
You automatically get 15-points if you did that right.
This procedure has a 50-Percent fail rate; too!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had this recently as i had parked it due to the major tranny leak and the battery went dead so instead of taking the charger and putting it on the battery in the car i took it out being the car was not being used and put it on slow charge and returned it the next day to the which was when the tranny was being fixed. This was when the code started coming on almost as soon as it was cleared previously. i know it is saying the voltage is low only not high and low like before. Now it says either just voltage or voltage low with the p2138. I know this code is like 75% of the time the accelerator pedal but now that it is doing it without my foot on the pedal (even when braking) and mainly when reving up of the line form a stop and will kick me out of cruise now too something is telling me TPS went out or is going.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well a couple of days ago the code changed from p2138 to p2127. I just replaced the TPS and the throttle is ran better but when i did a light tap or slight pressure on the pedal the 2127 popped yet again. I am filing the warranty on my accelerator pedal i got in March. I am hoping that will be the issue if not i am at a loss. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok well this is going to sound like a noob move but i still had my original pedal cause i keep everything 1 year before discarding it. I put in to return the faulty accelerator pedal which was approved so I went out to my car to switch to my original pedal which posted the code less than this one. Funny thing is I undid the bolts and the pedal literally fell out the wiring harness was not locked on. I felt very dumb even though the wire was locked it was barely making contact to the pedal, just enough to make it function. So with this I thought ok let fully connect it be sure it is locked on and see how this goes. Did this turned on the car and had to tap the gas to get it to move in reverse cause of the slope of the drive and ding ding the code popped. That made me feel a bit better knowing the pedal was still bad. So I pulled up and replaced it with my original pedal. Here come the funny stuff. I know this pedal is bad that is why I got the one I am filing the warranty on. I start the car up tap in reverse no post ..... ok. So I go into drive go about 50 yards and posted P2138 as before with this pedal. So I cleared it and it didn't immediately come back on as it use to. So I have a roughly 1.5 mile circle I can drive to test my car which i do and (I don't know how) it didn't post either code the rest of the time. I am still replacing the warranty faulty part but now I am wondering if I should leave this pedal in until it starts posting again it seems to have somehow fixed over 5 months or maybe the problem wasn't the pedal but the TPS to begin with.

·
Registered
300 Posts

Stay off the roads until this is fixed right. .
Sort the "Throttle By Wire" situation in the Shop.
We don't want to deviate from safe practices when making adjustments to anything Carb or Throttle Body related.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts