Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hit a guard rail last night driving on snowy mountain roads in my 2004 impala and now my front right tire juts out to the side and I fear I need body work done. I only have 1200 in the bank and maybe 30 dollars to my name until next Friday and I was wondering if anybody with more knowledge than me could give me a ball park number of how much something like that usually costs.

I got taken pretty good by a {Name deleted out. Sorry, its a public forum and all...:wink:} in my hometown for a tune-up and an O2 sensor and even though the garage I plan on taking it to comes recommended, I would rather be safe than sorry. I have very little background on what kind of repairs I need so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Pretty hard to guesstimate without seeing it in person. Todays car's are made to fold-up on impact, hence, $$$$$$ to fix them.

·
Banned
667 Posts
I hit a guard rail last night driving on snowy mountain roads in my 2004 impala and now my front right tire juts out to the side and I fear I need body work done. I only have 1200 in the bank and maybe 30 dollars to my name until next Friday and I was wondering if anybody with more knowledge than me could give me a ball park number of how much something like that usually costs.

I got taken pretty good by a {Name deleted out. Sorry, its a public forum and all...:wink:} in my hometown for a tune-up and an O2 sensor and even though the garage I plan on taking it to comes recommended, I would rather be safe than sorry. I have very little background on what kind of repairs I need so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Was 5,000 when my dad hit the guard rail in his 2000 impala. drive shaft was damaged though. (driver side though.) this was in 03 when the car was fairly new though.
He was very lucky that no other cars were on that bridge other wise there could have been a head on collision. (he fell asleep at the wheel.).... Was 2 lanes before.

probably a lot of hidden damage you can not see.

they have since replaced that bridge with a newer unsafer one. it's unsafer since they used 100% wooden fence in the west bound lanes as the guard rail

at 55MPH (which is the speed limit for that street ) I am sure you will plow right thew it with ease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts