Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a bowtie emblem for the grille of an 8th gen. i've been lookin for a while and can only find the rears (I'm sure those are removed more) any help?

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Just walk through any parking lot till you find one you like and then with a firm grip, yank as hard as you can, then run like hell!

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahahaha. funny thing is, i actually thought of that. not as a real possibility. but besides, thats how i messed mine up, by taking it off haha

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
how'd you mess it up? what were you trying to do that you need a new one to put back on?

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well idk if you're familiar with liquidomes or not, but its like a thick ass vinyle inlay and you're supposed to take out the gold n put this thing into the chrome bowtie. i thought i had to remove the bowtie off the car and upon removing it i marked it up from prying it.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Ahhh, yes, I know what your saying....what color did you go with? Post some pics, lemme see how it's marred...I might be able to come up with a solution if I can see it..

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
best color there is. there'll be pics. i think its past the point of repair, i didnt care about it since i didnt need it. i used a screwdriver to pry it off. theres a bunch of marks from the screwdriver bending the plastc where i pryed

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I'm gonna guess black since that's what the car is....you should really replace your avatar.....maybe bring the new one to the same parking garage and go for a similar shot?

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well that just so happened to be a perfect sunrise when i got off work, but that was in the winter. now when i get off work the sun is already up :/ plus i have a bunch stuff to do to the new one and i love that old pic

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
they're on ebay, but for 25 from canada which takes forever, and 50 from here in the states....what a ripoff for some freakin plastic

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
hah....I hear sunsets are just as nice sometimes..

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
yeah, for brand new ones anyways..

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sunset would involve me leaving for work early, (getting up early(not gonna happen)) thats gay about the emblem.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
it's only gay if you make eye contact, that's what I hear anyways, I wouldn't know.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
well idk if you're familiar with liquidomes or not, but its like a thick ass vinyle inlay and you're supposed to take out the gold n put this thing into the chrome bowtie. i thought i had to remove the bowtie off the car and upon removing it i marked it up from prying it.
uhh, yeah - no need to remove the bowtie - that sucks.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh really?! you dont say!
yeah the gold part wasnt coming out at all and i couldnt get anything under the gold part to pry it, so i figured that was wrong

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
must've gotten a good one, usually they fall right off

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
or you're just weak..:poke:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts