Impala Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 chevy impala LTZ needed a replacement bumper and upper chevy grill so I purchased the two separately thru Chevrolet website. Once received I attached the upper grill to the bumper and attached to car but now my grill sticks out of my bumper.. any suggestions 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I purchased them off GMpartsnow website.qhen I took the bumper off I checked the parts and GM logo was stamped on the product. I called GMpartsnow customer service to which he informed me that the part was correct and that they would replace if not correct.
I also ordered the bumper from them as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is my first install of this sort.. please allow me to ask a question of you. Is there something on the frame upper or bottom that holds the bumper up outside of the bolts such as brackets.?

Registered
Have you tried loosening the bumper then pushing the grill upwards then retighten everything? I don鈥檛 really know what I鈥檓 looking at but sometimes leaving it all loose, positioning everything then carefully retighten can help things snap into place. My 2012 rear bumper gave me fits until I took that approach. Once it snapped in it was perfect. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you tried loosening the bumper then pushing the grill upwards then retighten everything? I don鈥檛 really know what I鈥檓 looking at but sometimes leaving it all loose, positioning everything then carefully retighten can help things snap into place. My 2012 rear bumper gave me fits until I took that approach. Once it snapped in it was perfect. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
Yes actually I removed the bumper a total of 4 times cause I was hell bent on fixing the problem but to no avail.

Registered
2004 Impala LS 3.8L (~130k miles)
This is the kind of issue that lends itself to being there in-person.....tough to diagnose, explain, and communicate all that is going on with the fitment via forums.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is the kind of issue that lends itself to being there in-person.....tough to diagnose, explain, and communicate all that is going on with the fit
This is the kind of issue that lends itself to being there in-person.....tough to diagnose, explain, and communicate all that is going on with the fitment via forums.
Yes indeed. But this forum is a blessing to car owners especially us impala owners and so I appreciate all the feedback sent my way.

Registered
Headlight doesn't look right in to far also.. Not following hood contour. Was this one of those folded up in box bumpers you heat gun to get the shape expanded or shipped all the shape one piece ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts