Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy all, I'm Mitch. I recently picked up my dream car, from the original 86 year-old owner. He included the original window sticker & owners manual as well, I am stoked! The car has 46000 original miles & has been garage kept, unfortunately she hasn't run in about 10 years, nothing wrong, prior owner simply stopped giving it the weekly turn over. Although I've been into old VW's for years & did all the required maintenance, including plenty of engine swap's. I'll be the 1'st to admit, I have never worked on a American classic. Looks pretty basic under the hood though :wink:
I upped some photo's to my Garage profile today, check em out if you like.

I did drain the fuel & changed the fluid's, started right up, but shot gas about 2 feet in the air out of her 2Jet Rochester internal vent! I assume a rebuild is in order :-(

Gonna post some questions in the tech area soon, so maybe I'll see ya there! Take care all...

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I did drain the fuel & changed the fluid's, started right up, but shot gas about 2 feet in the air out of her 2Jet Rochester internal vent! I assume a rebuild is in order :-(
Yes you will need to rebuild that Rochester unit. It has problably never been touch since new.

Got to love the old simple engine systems.:cool:

·
Registered
358 Posts
welcome 2 the forum!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts