Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Posted a few times here but figured id do an intro thread.

Have also badgered a few members with 100 questions already too :p

Current setup is a 2008 chevy impala 9c1 and man gotta say I love driving this car :) much different from a 99 suburban lol.

So far loving how supporting and helpful everyone here is!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Welcome to the forum, kinda new guy.

All new members are required to give their 9c1 wheels to the first member to ask :wink: :eek:k3: :giggle: sorry bro, forum rules....

Now about those wheels?....

:Jka:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Welcome need some more pic.
Also almost tourist time in VB try not to scare them with your car.:yikes::giggle:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I could have soo much fun with that car going running around town and to work...
I would wear my security uniform every time I drove :wink:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum, kinda new guy.

All new members are required to give their 9c1 wheels to the first member to ask :wink: :eek:k3: :giggle: sorry bro, forum rules....

Now about those wheels?....

:Jka:
lol funny at first I thought the wheels were gonna be one of my first changes... Now I think it will be one of the few things I never mess with lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome need some more pic.
Also almost tourist time in VB try not to scare them with your car.:yikes::giggle:
yeah thats the plan lol :smile: pesky tourists

Will upload some more pictures when I get some work done. unfortunately my budget is small so upgrades will be coming in slowly :/

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
lol funny at first I thought the wheels were gonna be one of my first changes... Now I think it will be one of the few things I never mess with lol
Welcome! :beer: I have the centers, but have to install them. I have to drill and tap though, becuse its not a 9c1. I am added trim rings too. I think it'll look cool with both.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Made my first purchase for the impala today :) started off simple and just got a K&N filter. Gonna attempt to make a "swiss cheese" intake once I figure out exactly what/where im suppose to be doing it to. lol

Next upgrade will be the center console, which hopefully will be purchased today.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Add a high low exhaust and an overkill pcm/tcm if your after performance :eek:k3:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Add a high low exhaust and an overkill pcm/tcm if your after performance :eek:k3:
Plan to when budget allows it... Only problem about being broke is that the budget never seems to allow it :/

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Hear ya there...

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Plan to when budget allows it... Only problem about being broke is that the budget never seems to allow it :/
Heard that, I done mine with income taxes. My hrs got cut from 70+ a week to around 48. My modding budget is gone :bang:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heard that, I done mine with income taxes. My hrs got cut from 70+ a week to around 48. My modding budget is gone :bang:
Yeah I picked up a part time job just for the car. Being that I live in a tourist town there are a few cash jobs that I do during the summer.

All towards the impala I say. Who needs to eat when you can go fast? :glasses1:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Ramen noodles :eek:k3:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
And hotdogs, you don't have to be a savage you know...

Reactions: tonyc712000

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Modified my air box today. with the K&N filter I got I am hoping it a cheap improvement.

Was even trying to go cheaper but it seems like spectre filters are sold out everywhere in VA beach:WTF:

here is a picture of what the end result looks like.. Hoping I did it correctly let me add. lol

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Modified my air box today. with the K&N filter I got I am hoping it a cheap improvement.

Was even trying to go cheaper but it seems like spectre filters are sold out everywhere in VA beach:WTF:

here is a picture of what the end result looks like.. Hoping I did it correctly let me add. lol

Should be good as long as the intake side is covered by the filter. You could run pipe from the airbox to the front bumper opening, or from the tb to the bumper with a cone filter
:eek:k3:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts