Impala Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking a moment to introduce myself. My 17 year old beater (Olds Intrigue) finally died, and I didn't want to bring the WS6 back into daily driving duties. The wife certainly wasn't giving up her "grocery getter" G8, so I jumped onto this "used" 2016 Impala Midnight Edition I found. Less than 5,000 miles on it, 6 months old, and priced to move.

I'm still learning all the ins and out of the Impala, and will be looking through the forums for tech info. One of the things I noticed is that although it is a Midnight Edition, verified by RPO code, it doesn't have the blackout grills or badges. Allegedly, the original owner ordered it that way ... Midnight, but with stock grill and badges. I'm still decoding the RPO codes to see what else I can dig up, and trying to get the dealer to get me a reprint of the original sticker.

It's storming and nasty, so no pics available. But here's a video the dealer shot for me which made me decide to jump on this one. https://youtu.be/ARIixJWApvI

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Per the RPO codes, it was equipped with the blackout badges and grills. So maybe the dealer did the swap after they received it? Or maybe it was a factory fluke?

Oh well ... I don't mind the chrome on the grill surround, but I've got to black out the badges. That will be a project for spring weather.

·
Premium Member
18,509 Posts
Welllllcome!!! (muaha) :beer: Beautiful car......

Niiiiiiiiice viiiiideeeeeeeoh! :nerd :cool::cool:

It DOES look like its bouncing!! LOL!

Pauly.......

i don't get it....

:dunno:

Reactions: kamikazeedriver

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Very strange the black bowties and black grille are missing. Maybe they stripped them off to swap with another car? They did leave the midnight edition wheels on though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very strange the black bowties and black grille are missing. Maybe they stripped them off to swap with another car? They did leave the midnight edition wheels on though.

The dealer mailed me my books (they were not in the glove box) and they also printed a copy of the build sheet. On the badges, grill, and pedal covers, per the build sheet, they are dealer installed. The wheels and spoiler come installed from the factory. The dealer installed the pedal covers, but failed to install the grill or bow ties.

I'll be getting with GM to see what they can do for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.