Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just picked up my Impala today, my 5th one over the years. It's a 2014 Limited LT. It took me forever to find my favorite color combinations (interior/exterior), however I finally found one. Had to drive almost 2 hours away where it was for sale, but it was worth it.

The 1st thing I did today was removal of the dealership decal on the trunk lid. I also noticed the trunk light bulb is burned out, so I will be making a trip to Auto Zone in the morning.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
Welcome! :beer: Kudos for the bonus Intro pics! :eek:k3:

LOVED the red!:nerd

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
Replaced the burned out trunk light. I also picked up a brand new trunk liner, the original one was nasty.

Trunk Liner? Nasty? :eek:

(Bones....that wasn't one of "ours"......was it? I mean....I know you use drop cloth......but.....):dunno:

·
Super Moderator
10,738 Posts
Shhhhh........
The boss had a red one remember :poke:

·
Super Moderator
10,738 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love it! Interior is the same color as mine! I'm almost thinking of a cocoa/cashmere repaint combination though. Eh, if I did *that* again, it's a long way off. It's a LOT of work to make it look good. I swapped in an autodimming rearview mirror in mine, almost a must in my vehicles anymore.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love it! Interior is the same color as mine! I'm almost thinking of a cocoa/cashmere repaint combination though. Eh, if I did *that* again, it's a long way off. It's a LOT of work to make it look good. I swapped in an autodimming rearview mirror in mine, almost a must in my vehicles anymore.
Thanks! It's my favorite interior. I'm not too big of a fan of the tan dashboard. I like how mine has the all black dash (and carpet), but the tan headliner, pillars, & seats.

It's funny you say that about the auto-dimming mirror (I've had a few over the years), I actually prefer the manual as I always feel like the auto one doesn't dim as much (I know, it sounds weird).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks! It's my favorite interior. I'm not too big of a fan of the tan dashboard. I like how mine has the all black dash (and carpet), but the tan headliner, pillars, & seats.

It's funny you say that about the auto-dimming mirror (I've had a few over the years), I actually prefer the manual as I always feel like the auto one doesn't dim as much (I know, it sounds weird).
I like tan if it's done right and not in excess. The tan interiors of the 2000-2005 models are just complete blah, especially if the exterior is tan. It looks as though the earlier 8th gens had a similar theme going on with brown on top and light tan on bottom. Now that I thought looks pretty good. One thing I don't like about black is scratches show up way too easily.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I must've gotten a decent mirror since it seems to do quite a good job blocking out the light but when you get those super bright HID lights behind you, forget about it. lol

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
^+1. I try my best to manually bounce that annoying light back into their eyes!
I can't tell you how many times I've pondered what it takes to install rear facing aircraft landing lights in the rear package tray. Hanging one off the driver's side view mirror is a thought as well :)

Doug

1 - 20 of 24 Posts