Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this out of my late Uncles estate in WV, dug her out, bought a 20’ v nose trailer, installed a winch and made the 1500 mile trip. It’s a 1964 Impala SS convertible black on black with a red interior, 327 automatic, 58k, he was the 2nd owner, he bought it in 1965 with 12k on it. The car has spent its entire life garaged in WV. She is all original, never been in an accident, last registered in 1983. I have the 4 original hubcaps and the boot for the roof is in the trunk. She does need some love. The only thing missing is the rear view mirror from the drivers door.

She will be restored not modified, I am leaving the chrome the way it is, the car is straight, it would be a huge shame to remove the original parts from the body.

·
Super Moderator
10,760 Posts
Love it

·
Super Moderator
18,501 Posts
Looks like new outside and in! Just 58k, she's just broken in! Can't wait to see it all cleaned up!

Reactions: ElJefe72

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ordered a gas tank, sending unit and straps, going to do a full set of brake lines etc, looks like the rear Main is leaking, pinion seal, pulling the motor and trans for a cleaning and check up, exhaust is in rough shape, test the radiator etc.

·
Super Moderator
18,501 Posts
PICS AS YOU GO!!!!!!!!! :)😁

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She’s still in the trailer, ordered a gas tank, sender and straps, need to order a complete set of stainless brake lines. Just stuff I know from loading her into the trailer for the 700 mile ride home.
I’ve been called the luckiest bastard, this that and the other thing, told I found a unicorn, called a bunch of things I cannot remember right now, nobody believes the condition till they see the car. I had to buy her from the estate, I just happen to be only one that even knew about the car. I asked if it was still there when we started getting details of the mess over the last few months. Nobody knew what I was talking about, I cut a deal with my sister (the executor of the estate) to purchase the car before any of them saw it or knew where it was. The car cost me $16,000 + I bought the custom enclosed trailer for about $12,000 by the time I was done adding a winch etc to it. So I’m into this project for $28k and 8-10 weekends getting ready for it. I’ve driven roughly 12,000 miles since February going back and forth to work on things. I want to see this old girl run again. I’m keeping the car and history.. I have had 3 legit offers on the car already, $50k from a friend of mine, $75k from a local restomod shop that averages $150-250k for their finished products and then $100k from someone I know who had always wanted a 1964 SS convertible and he’s got the cash. So far she is staying in my family.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts