Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found-out @ todays oil-level check!

It's for my 2008 Impala LTZ, with the AFM-feature. Per the GM-Bulletin for these many affected engines, they'll put in the revised "spray-shielded/baffled" oil-pan gasket, & soak the piston-tops (in-cylinder) for a set time with a GM top-engine cleaner.

* I was on the EDGE of being eligible :cool:....1.5 qts. used in 3,400 miles. My Svc.-Mgr. @ the Fargo Chevy dealership called his district Rep., and they got-'er done.
* They use more oil @ Interstate speeds obviously, since the volume of oil-spray up to the pistons is much greater.
* One other kicker here...It only has 29,900 mi.! Obviously, it won't get any better...
* Per the TIRE related bulletin, Chevy paid for the rear camber issue on my car, and I got 2 new Michelins last Sept. too!
* This oil-related fix gets a specific labor-code # for this bulletin...6.5hrs.!!!
* Uffda! that would be spendy if I was payin' for it!:dizzy:

Faron

·
Registered
126 Posts
Never knew about this. My 3.9 in my 08 uses very little oil, never add it between changes, and sometimes that is 6000 miles due to long trips at short times.

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm...that almost seems weird!
Since the AFM-feature affects so many models (V6's AND V-8's), I thought it was an almost universal issue?!

The "Oil-cons." bulletin issue is probably linked on this forum somewhere?! I can post some info. if not.

Faron

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone here had that done to an Impala?!

Hopefully it stopped the issue?!

Curiosity is killing me here! My appt. is this Thu. @ 8am....
(they'll need it for the day obviously)

Faron

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Faron, I realize you're seeking input from other owners, so I hope they chime in soon with helpful feedback! I'm looking forward to hearing about your Thursday appointment, and please send me a private message if you would like Customer Service to step in and follow up with your dealer on your behalf at any point!

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 5 of 5 Posts