Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, n00b here...

I'm looking for some some info from a few of you guys that have push bumpers on your Impalas...

I recently purchased a pushbumper w/ wraparound off eBay, and the guy was nice enough to not ship the mounting brackets with it. I've tried contacting him well over 5 times and ended up having to open a PayPal dispute to recoup some $$ since I'm going to have to build some brackets.

What I'm looking for is some pictures of the brackets to mount these on the 7th gen Impala. I'm going to have to fab some up, so I'm curious as to what the OEM ones look like. I've tried contacting the manufacturer but they haven't gotten back to me.

I'd post pics, but I don't have a high enough post count yet

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have that auction on my watch list, but it's for the 8th gen Impalas. It's a different design pushbumper since the nose of the car was changed

·
Banned
117 Posts
Yeah judging from that pic on ebay they are slightly different.My top brakets were more rounded.

Now i wish i would have taken some pics of all my brakets before i installed my push guard.

So i take it you tried contacting Go-Rhino? If so and they have not got back to you,you could try contacting Galls.Just go to Galls.com.That is were i bought my PG from.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't think of contacting Galls, they've always had excellent customer service (that's actually where I recently purchased the mounting kit for my Unity 330 spotlight :biggrin:).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She's a work in progress :biggrin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, so I got hit with a stroke of luck. Turns out it's not a Go Rhino bumper, it's manufactured by Manik 4x4 Off Road Accessories. I went to their site and they have the installation instructions and plans for the mounting brackets!

http://manikled.manik.com/products/chevy.htm

And now that I can post pictures...

·
Registered
657 Posts
can you tell me the seller this came from? we had a little issue over on the other forum with a member trying to sell a push bumper and skating out with the money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TIGER AUTO SALVAGE LLC in Michigan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alright, so I got hit with a stroke of luck. Turns out it's not a Go Rhino bumper, it's manufactured by Manik 4x4 Off Road Accessories. I went to their site and they have the installation instructions and plans for the mounting brackets!

manik.com - manik Resources and Information. This website is for sale!

I apologize for the necro-posting..But I really need some impala savvy help!

Anyone have these instructions printed or saved as PDF? The link is dead and my small town PD REALLY needs this installed. We have the brackets, but no install papers..Thank you in advance and hope that someone, maybe the OP did the world a favor and still has these!!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Unfortunately the op is long gone, hopefully there is someone here that can help. In the mean time, I'd try googling it. Good luck.

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
I have some extra brackets left over from mine, pm me an I'll send you pics... if they work then just pay shipping an they're yours... mine is a code 5 but looks exactly like yours

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I apologize for the necro-posting..But I really need some impala savvy help!

Anyone have these instructions printed or saved as PDF? The link is dead and my small town PD REALLY needs this installed. We have the brackets, but no install papers..Thank you in advance and hope that someone, maybe the OP did the world a favor and still has these!!
I might have them still, but I'll have to do some REAL searching to find them. I wasn't aware that Manik went out-of-business. I never found any brackets, so I ended up making my own. Somewhat similar to the OEM ones, and they seem to work well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man that would be awesome. I'd even paypal ya like $20 if ya can find them & email or mail them! We got the bumper and all of the brackets the day it was removed, then it sat at our PD for almost a month, now we are tryin to get it on, and have no papers on how it mounts up! Puzzle Pieces! Thank you in advance and hope you can track them down!! PM me and I'll get ya my phone #~ a little easier to contact me. Have a great day!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I remember how they look and mount in my head, but that doesn't help you much :lol:

I looked on my work computer and couldn't find the PDF, I'll have to search my home computers now.

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
For mine: I installed by connecting a bracket to the inside deflectors between the fogs (or where the fogs would normally be) there is a factory hole on the plate.. it is def a 2 person job to install

·
Registered
412 Posts
for mine its a go rhino, and it has two brackets that wrapped around the inside bumper, like around the chassy between the foam (behind your front bumper) and just around the whole thing, then theres two pieces that hold the go rhino that go through the grill, and another two that are below that go through the holes in the bumper

kinda confusing but if you don't understand I'm sure i could post some pics of them

1 - 20 of 24 Posts