Impala Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
After an 8 week wait for the parts, my Blind Side modules and harness have been replaced. Long wait and living without them was a huge surprise to me how much I needed them with the horrible visibility these newer cars have

·
Registered
1 Posts
The convex mirror isnt a bad idea, i didn't think about that. But to be honest, the visibility in these newer ones are pretty bad. One time when it wasn't working properly and i knew a vehicle was coming i looked in my mirror and over my shoulder to see when i could i see it and cars mostly smaller ones disappear behind the rear pillars. If you don't know one is coming and that little orange light doesn't come on in the mirror then, well..
I agree! I could look over my left shoulder until doomsday and never see a vehicle on my left. The way this car is shaped, the driver is dependent on the little orange arrow......very sad. Now I have this problem, too. Bought my used Impala 11/2019. 8 months later this message of "Service side detection system" pops up everytime ive started my car in the last 1-2 weeks. I'm 2 hrs from the closest GM Dealership. Is this problem a quick fix or a Dealership fix? I'm in a wheelchair and depend on my car. Can't afford to break down on the side of a road.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts