Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i stole this idea from TSS. He had it on his impala way before i ever joined here so thanks to him for the idea:eek:k3:

Bassically i ordered the gm performance division emblem off ebay for $15
(the large one)
It comes with 3m tape already on it so i just stuck it to the airbag on or off light.
It looks so sweet with the aluminum dash and radio bezel:eek:k3:
:beer:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Looks good there, but you are going to get a lot of stupid questions from it...

Reactions: Ejbiers

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I mean people getting in your car and asking if it was a special performance package, or just thinking there was such a thing with the impala. It would probably bug the crap out of me, but not everybody.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean people getting in your car and asking if it was a special performance package, or just thinking there was such a thing with the impala. It would probably bug the crap out of me, but not everybody.
Only me and the girlfriend are ever in the car and my friends that ride with me once in a while know its a fleet model:giggle:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Looks good. I never got any stupid questions. I hated that airbag light so much..........it looks even better with the aluminum than it didwith my techno in the SS.

Reactions: Ejbiers

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
By the way, where did you get the aluminum dash pieces?

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Banned
748 Posts
Only me and the girlfriend are ever in the car and my friends that ride with me once in a while know its a fleet model:giggle:
So they know it got no airbags ? Plus does not defeat the purpose of letting you know if airbag sensor is working or not ?

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
If you have an airbag problem, you get an icon on the instrument panel. Many cars dont even have that display thats covered up.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I don't have it anymore, so I don't know. I did seem to think it was an airbag on and off light though.....

·
Banned
748 Posts
its a passenger airbag on or off light.
Its dumb
I am assuming that sensor is weight based i know when i was moving my stuff around with car packed with boxes even front one, it came on and also the seat belt kept complaining to put seat belt around the darn boxes. :giggle: which i did :devil:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
yep weight based, mine will light up if 4 two litter drinks are in front passenger seat.
PITA

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
And, as stated, if you actually have an issue with an airbag, it won't tell you that, an icon on the instrument panel will.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Is it really an airbag light in your cars? Cuz in mine its the passenger seatbelt. Looks good tho man.
Its an indicator for the passenger seatbelt, but it also tells you whether the passenger airbag is active or not, it only turns on when there is weight on the seat and the belt is buckled.

·
Banned
748 Posts
it only turns on when there is weight on the seat and the belt is buckled.
thats a nice little feature of forcing users to have seatbelts on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts