Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2017 Impala LT for a few months and was looking in the trunk under the carpet for the paint code. What I found was a booklet for the Infotainment System. I looked through it and found a section that says that the unit has a mapping system and it explains how to use it. I have gone to the NAV section of the system and find nothing.
In the book it gives a web address to get map updates, I went there and found an update package for $160.

Can anybody tell me if the system should have come with a map package?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If you paid for the navigation package you should have onboard nav if not then the only nav will be through Onstar or you could use Apple Play/Android Auto in your car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you paid for the navigation package you should have onboard nav if not then the only nav will be through Onstar or you could use Apple Play/Android Auto in your car.
If that is the case, I have a second question. Can the GM Map (update) software be added to a info system that does not have it?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You have to have the navigation built into your Mylink system which was an extra cost option. You can only add the map updates to a system with this navigation package. Think of it this way. You can't install a Windows 10 update to a Windows 7 computer.
There is a way to upgrade your Mylink system to add navigation but it is gonna cost you close to $1,000
https://www.infotainment.com/products/2016-2017-chevrolet-impala-mylink-io6-gps-navigation-radio-upgrade

I don't see the benefit as you already can use your iPhone or Android phone in your 2017 Impala with car play or Android Auto or you can pay Onstar for their navigation package. I pay Onstar about $270 a year for their complete navigation package (I also get about $30 off my car insurance each year for having Onstar).
With the built in navigation remember you have to pay to update maps to the latest and greatest and that would be about $120 or so when you want to do that. Using your phone or Onstar they already use the latest maps at no additional cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts