Impala Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

My girlfriend has a '02 cavalier 2.2 vin J if that helps with 107k. She was having a problem, which turned out to just be she was driving in 3rd gear. But according to my scan tool there's a problem with the MIL light. It's keeps switching (on the scanner) between ok, fault, and incomplete. When I take her home tonight I'm going to check the fuse for the light and see if it comes on when you turn the key. But my question is, is there a easy (harmless) way to trip a code and make the light come on? Just so we can make sure everything's working. 107k miles with no codes or lights is either really lucky or something's up. I thought about driving around with the gas cap off but that usually takes quite a while before the car realizes it. Also it's stuck in open loop, will not go into closed loop. Says evap purge is always at 100%. I "think" (more of a guess) if I replace the evap solenoid that might fix that problem??? But you'd think there'd be a code and a light for all that? If the system was working normally.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.