Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is imco a good brand for a glasspack? is 96 bucks parts and labor the norm for getting one isntalled... is there a magnaflow that will produce a better sound or sameish sound/add hp for a little bit mor ethan 40 bucks?>.>

(getting installed on 1974 lemans)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Madcap, MY MAN!!!!! Glasspacks are where the real sound of a V8 comes through. Did ya know"Cherrybomb" wrote the book on glasspacks? Have ya got dual exhaust? Headers,? It is well worth the extra cash(headers app. $80-$120, dual exhaust with Cherrybombs, $250-$300 or less maybe cause ya don't have a catalytic converter. Not only will ya get an extra 30-40 horses but the sound is Awesome!!!! That rumble when ya come down the street and the sound when ya "kick it down" . It is well worth the extra cost and waiting on till ya save the cash for it. An ol' hotrodder's trick is have the glasspacks mounted as far rearward as possible and a crossover pipe connecting the duals to equalize back pressure. And because ya have a longer wheel based car it just adds to the resonation of the mufflers. And all ya have t do is re adjust the carb and or have slightly bigger jets installed for up to a 50 hp gain!!!!! That is cheap compared to what guys have to do to the newer "fuelie" cars for the same HP gain. I have had Cherrybombs on everything I have had and still have. I got them on my 69 Chevy truck with a 383 stroker motor and on my 64 Impala 409. Heck. I put the duals on a 1972 Chevelle with a low perfomance 350 and you would not believe back then what people thought I had under the hood. My 1967 Corvette had them too as did my 1949 Ford V8. I even have a Cherrybomb on my Eldorado.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts