Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

My name is Angel and I work for George Bates automotive in Upland,CA. I handle internet related Impala/Caprice/9C1 parts sales and locating for George and all my B body friends and customers. We have refurbished many thousands of B body cars for many law enforcement agencies in the western states region. So of our cars end up in diff. countries on a regular basis and we continue to supply those owners with parts to keep them maintained.

We do our best to get the parts for these cars even if the dealers say you can get them anymore. We do carry many items in stock but some take a couple days to acquire. We are not the typical shop, we dont mind too much if a customer wants to see the work being performed on his/her vehicle.....hell you might learn something new:)

I personally was a customer for 2 years before I started working here right after John died, I beloved and very highly skilled mechanic who had a heart attack years back and left the world at a young age. In the tradition of men like John and George bates, I do what I can to the fullest for anyone needing something. If I feel the cost is too high for a part I will tell you so you can look elsewhere.

I do ship items for my customers, with the current fuel prices sometimes any decent deal I can find for people is out weighed by the costly shipping cost and I have to turn down the sale so my customer does not pay more than he/she should.

Nuff said, if anyone needs anything or just has questions......dont be afraid to call and bs with me or George.

Angel.
George Bates Automotive
1044 W 9th St
Upland,Ca 91786
909-949-7984

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hello and welcome to the community. I am also a repair tech and my philosophy is also that I don't mind if my customer want to watch or help as I repair their vehicle. I hate shops that won't let me see what is going on, you know, what are they hiding? I have a garage/gas station near me who can not let me help him on my car because of insurance reasons but he will let the customer observe his work, that I can and do respect. From what I have read I like the way your shop does business.

I have uploaded your shop info to my address book, do you have an email address for the business?

Also what year Impalas and Caprices do you guys help or work on? I have a gauge cluster from a 90 9C1 Caprice that I have installed on my car and will be looking for the oil pressure and water temp sensors later this year.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for your kind words. We work on most and GM regardless of year. Our "bread and butter" was/is the B body caprice and impala trim cars. At the same time we also work on much more classic years and George himself used to build and race 60's era camaro's. I totally understand the insurance not allowing work at some shops. We dont really even post such visible signs at our shop.....occasionally there is "The one" customer who comes in and im sure everyone knows what im getting at, thats when the tiny insurance sign gets brought up:)

Also the occasional Ford guy comes in spouting off when he sees mostly all GM inside....then I just point to our main signs outside, one reads "George Bates Automotive" and the other from our police refurbishing program reads "WEST COAST CAPRICE AND IMPALA REFURBISHING" basically telling that person to be nice or the GM customers in the office might walk him out....lol

Angel.
George Bates Automotive
1044 W. 9th St.
Upland,Ca 91786
(909) 949-7984
(909) 949-7954-fax
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts