Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First: You may have noticed from the pictures, the front bumper's corner is kind of rubbed against something and the color has peeled off. It was like that when I got it. I wanna know if there's any cheap repair for that.

Second: The fuel gauge is acting really weird. It keeps going up and down. When I get in the car, I notice its higher then it was when I got out last time. Then it starts to go down rapidly, sometimes 2 or even 3 levels (out of 16 levels) below what it should be. It just bothers me. I wanna know if there's anything I can do about it.

Third: I wanna swap the gauges with the LS version of the gauges. Reason is that my gauges don't include a tachometer. And I want a tachometer. Is this something I can do myself? If so, where can I get some gauges? and how do I install them?

Fourth: That spoiler on the LS models looks nice. I first want your opinions on that, second any info you may have about where i can find one and if i can install it myself, and whether it needs some holes to be drilled on the car in order to install.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
1. There's generally nothing cheap about paint repairs.

2. Could be your fuel level sending unit in the trunk, but don't quote me on that. It probably won't be a cheap fix.

3. The best guy out there for gauges is BBEngineer, like 04DetroitLS just said.

4. You can buy LS Spoilers for a decent price on ebay or the other Impala forums. Scrapyards may even have them. You DO need to drill the trunklid to install the spoiler. Try www.car-parts.com

·
Registered
187 Posts
Is it just plug and play? does the odo set itself when the new one is installed? and im assuming you need to swap the oil pressure sending unit how do you do that?

·
Registered
657 Posts
when changing from base gauges to LS or SS gauges, there is nothing you can do to make the oil press gauge work. forget about it. also, the new cluster has to be programmed with your mileage, it doesnt automatically detect and show the correct miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone actually added a spoiler to their car?

Was it pretty straightforward or is there anything you need to watch out for?

·
Registered
657 Posts
which spoiler are you trying to add? LS, SS, SLP, or other aftermarket? the different spoilers have different mounting locations, therefore needing different holes drilled.

·
Registered
657 Posts
if you dont have experience in this area, i would take it to a shop to ensure its done right the first time. that being said, if you do decide to try it yourself, its not all that hard. just be sure to measure, measure, measure, measure....you get the idea. just measure your ass off before you drill the mounting holes, and make sure there is no wiring in the way in the trunklid.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My Impala SS Spoiler just arrived yesterday from shipping. With the SS spoiler it looks like ill need to take off the rear left badge that says "Impala". I ordered it painted to match my color and they matched it perfect. Ill post pictures on here in a minute i need to get the camera.

As you can see, this badge is gonna be in the way. Anyone know how to take it off safely?
[/URL]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts