Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with how to attach this harness. It’s the non dimming harness for the drl. Thank You

·
Registered
484 Posts
Not me but the people over at Gen5 do. Try contacting them as the one time I called they answered right away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is anyone familiar with how to attach this harness. It’s the non dimming harness for the drl. Thank You View attachment 162909
Its behind the drivers side headlight. You have to pull it out a little and then disconnect it. its step 11 and 12 in the PDF for installing the harness. I can find it, pull it out a bit but for the life of me cant disconnect it.
theres a video on youtube (search for Spyder Auto Installation: 2014 - 2017 Chevrolet Impala Headlights) of a guy swapping out his headlights and he disconnects it not problem.
If anyone knows how to disconnect them and wants to share that would be awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Push the red tab back and pull it. It will disconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tried but its tighter than anything I've ever come across... Im worried Im going to rip all the wiring out... The red tab is the easy part... Would a little WD be a bad idea?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Push tab down and hold both ends and pull it apart. It was hard when I did it also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Push tab down and hold both ends and pull it apart. It was hard when I did it also.

Finally got it done! Thanks for the info... quick question if I may... It doesnt seem to make any difference. It just plugs into where the existing fuse was in slot 17 correct? Would you be able to snap a pic when you get a sec of your lights and fuse box? Heres my fuse box and when the headlights are on the leds still sim...

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just ordered the kit for my 2016 Impala LTZ today, any tricks to installing it?

Thanks!

John
Take you time, those red tab things are a real PITA... I lost my high-beams and left signal so I pulled mine out. Going to tackle it again this weekend. The hardest part for me is getting at the existing harness. its in there pretty tight behind the headlight...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just ordered the kit for my 2016 Impala LTZ today, any tricks to installing it?

Thanks!

John
Be very careful with the new black inserts that hold the fog lights, for some reason the tabs we very fragile (at least they were on the pair that I got) and I ended up breaking one during install. Luckily everything was still solid after being snapped in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts