Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I've been searching for the three tail light covers similar to the ones this guy has on his car:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4479/741/23695370002_large.jpg

I have searched on and off for a while now and I cant for the life of me find the part that goes over the trunk section. I've tried searching for trunk light cover, tail light cover, I've browsed body panel sections on websites, Tail light sections and I have had no luck. I'm not asking anyone to go searching for me. But if you've purchased one of these in the past where did you buy it?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just was talking about something that I got an answer of (Belongs to the Sport Appearance Package) I think from what I can see in all the other pictures from the cars with the Impala Logo on the inside of the door they too have the color matched rear lights....

James

Wheels, Rear Lights

Here is you look at the Trim it isn't wood it is something that I want to add to mine lol hahaha and the inside doors withthe Impala

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, that makes sense now! that means I'd have to buy a trunk from a car that had the sport appearance package. I respect other people that do things like this and I see the appeal don't get me wrong. but Personally, I don't like to add things to my car that make it look like a model or trim level it isn't (Or in this case package). (I'm am however really close to buying a dual cat back exhaust system reminiscent of the gen 7 SS's...Kinda breaking my own rule even thought the LS spoiler that I will never change gives it away. lol) This might be off the table for me. On the other hand, I've always loved the gen 7 rear, it's the primary reason I wanted the car from a very young age and I love the way they designed the tail light section with the sport package, just adds that extra level of detail. My plan was legitimately to buy the pieces and paint them black just for that reason. I'll probably give in at some point if I stumble across the parts I need.

·
Registered
588 Posts
You don't have to buy the Trunk, you can buy just the lights! Just as if you were changing out your lights that you have if someone was to hit your car light enough to only damage the light and nothing else...

I will say this...

There are sadly 20ish of them cars in Coparts.... They are a Large place that sales cars or Dealers, Insurance companies, and so on... Problem is there are some states that don't let just the normal JOE buy from the yards without having a LIC from the state as a REBUILDER or something like that...

CA Need LIC
OR Don't need...

Also it is important if you wanted to go that way that you can pay to have it delivered to you, However I am not sure that is something you would want to do where you live seeing your in Canada and there are some types of FEES over border I think that could make this not a good way to go...

However lets say you have a Friend in Oregon, Say they have a couple of cars for sale there, They could buy for you, Take the parts you wanted and ship to you, or maybe there is a Border state that don't require a LIC, again a person there could buy the car for you, you take the parts you want and then either part it out or rebuild and sale...

Say you only wanted the INT and lights and Wheels. You could have a friend in US buy from them, you drive for a visit, Take the parts and put your old parts back on the auctioned car... This could still be Repaired, Lic and sold to still make a profit....

Or seeing these cars are made in Canada maybe there is loads of the cars in your own wrecking yards and just have to keep an eye out for when one comes in so you can get the parts before they are taken....

To take the center one off, There is 6 could be 8 can't remember right now Finger wing type nuts holding it on. Lift the tail gate, look unide and remvoe them once taking out the light will just slide out. Also have to do this to change the Bulbs lol... Then the lights on both sides are same type, There are 2 seen, Then once they are remvoed there are 2 under the carpet.... Again you will see when you ahve to change a Bulb...

Trim and door Panels remove as normal if you wanted them parts too....

I am looking to change out some things on my 2000 Impala, Seeing the Leather seats have just started to crack at the seams now on the backs of the seats. The lower parts are fine but I don't like the color anymore and want to change it out. May do something even more crazy then my first thought, however in the minimum I will be changing it out for the Grey like my 03 has.

I have some other ideas that I am working on but will go into this in my own Thread as I don't want to Jack this one lOL....

About the dual Exhaust, This isn't only an SS from 06-09 the SS 04-05 with the 3800 SuperCharged had dual as well... Also the 04 Indy, Miss that car...

James

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You don't have to buy the Trunk, you can buy just the lights! Just as if you were changing out your lights that you have if someone was to hit your car light enough to only damage the light and nothing else...

Oh geez I can't believe I didn't think about that yeah that makes sense. lol

I will say this...

There are sadly 20ish of them cars in Coparts.... They are a Large place that sales cars or Dealers, Insurance companies, and so on... Problem is there are some states that don't let just the normal JOE buy from the yards without having a LIC from the state as a REBUILDER or something like that...

CA Need LIC
OR Don't need...

Also it is important if you wanted to go that way that you can pay to have it delivered to you, However I am not sure that is something you would want to do where you live seeing your in Canada and there are some types of FEES over border I think that could make this not a good way to go...

Yeah, I'll just stick to searching within Canada or something. Also That licencing thing is odd but I'm sure theres a reason for it.

However lets say you have a Friend in Oregon, Say they have a couple of cars for sale there, They could buy for you, Take the parts you wanted and ship to you, or maybe there is a Border state that don't require a LIC, again a person there could buy the car for you, you take the parts you want and then either part it out or rebuild and sale...

Say you only wanted the INT and lights and Wheels. You could have a friend in US buy from them, you drive for a visit, Take the parts and put your old parts back on the auctioned car... This could still be Repaired, Lic and sold to still make a profit....

Or seeing these cars are made in Canada maybe there is loads of the cars in your own wrecking yards and just have to keep an eye out for when one comes in so you can get the parts before they are taken....

I was hoping to head down there this weekend, I will definitely have to keep an eye out.

To take the center one off, There is 6 could be 8 can't remember right now Finger wing type nuts holding it on. Lift the tail gate, look unide and remvoe them once taking out the light will just slide out. Also have to do this to change the Bulbs lol... Then the lights on both sides are same type, There are 2 seen, Then once they are remvoed there are 2 under the carpet.... Again you will see when you ahve to change a Bulb...

Ooh I've never had to do that before, Good to know, thanks!

Trim and door Panels remove as normal if you wanted them parts too....

I am looking to change out some things on my 2000 Impala, Seeing the Leather seats have just started to crack at the seams now on the backs of the seats. The lower parts are fine but I don't like the colour anymore and want to change it out. May do something even more crazy then my first thought, however in the minimum I will be changing it out for the Grey like my 03 has.

I have some other ideas that I am working on but will go into this in my own Thread as I don't want to Jack this one lOL....

Nice, can't wait to see the work!

About the dual Exhaust, This isn't only an SS from 06-09 the SS 04-05 with the 3800 SuperCharged had dual as well... Also the 04 Indy, Miss that car...

Sorry to hear about the Indy. I'm going to keep this car for as long as physically possible. I just won't be able to let it go. I'll have it and maybe some other daily driver until the frame is a crispy foil lol. But then I'll replace it. should take a while though because I'm planning to treat this car like its a 69 Camaro or something. Hopefully I'm going to get whatever rust there is removed from the bottom and the whole bloody things getting rust proofed. JR's auto detailing down in Edmonton's gonna get alot of my business.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts