Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Is this in your '67 VW?....At least tell us what your are driving....Jeez.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Depends how much high driving you do, how fast you like to cruise on it, and how much of a hit on gas mileage you are able to take. My 95 RMS with 3.73's and 26" tires would still get 20mpg at 70mph. Now if I was doing a lot more highway driving, I would probably step down to 3.42 and 28" tires. Which is what I have more another Roadmaster. However, it was hard to beat the fun of the 4.10's in my 96 Caprice 9C1.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Also plan on a good converter. I think the majority go with 3.73's. Cory has a boatload of these car's....and even he can't make up his mind...LOL.

·
Super Moderator
3,943 Posts
How do you plan to achieve 400rwhp? Plays an important role in choosing gears. An NA setup will want more gear than a turbo setup.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ai 218 / 226 - .540/.540 - 112 LSA - Primary Operating Range: 1800 - 6000 rpm
  • This is our version of the venerable LT4 Hotcam. Noticable idle, good drivability, and strong mid-range with peak power at approximately 6000 rpm. Properly tuned w/ supporting modifications, M6's typically produce 335 - 345 rwhp SAE corrected
and some 190 or 200cc heads.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Also plan on a good converter. I think the majority go with 3.73's. Cory has a boatload of these car's....and even he can't make up his mind...LOL.
It's true... I'm sick. I just bought a Caprice back a few weeks ago. I'm looking at another LT1 powered DCM RMS to make a driver, and a 94 Roadmaster Wagon I want for a part hauler. Now if only my truck would sell...

Here is a Quote from Buffman.

I got 28mpg on the highway with 2.56s, swiss cheese airbox and PVC intake, and glasspacks, which were probably as restrictive as stock mufflers. Went to more mods and 3.73s and I got 25mpg. Mileage dropped the most for me when I went a high stall 9.5" converter..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts