Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I have an 02 base model impala with the 3. 4 v6 and I have been wanting to change out my gauge cluster to one that has an rpm gauge as well as a speedometer and not just a speedometer is there anything that I would need to do to make a different cluster work? Thank you all in advance for any help

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
The clusters are all plug and play from any model Impala or Monte Carlo from model years 2000-2005.

Some important notes:
  • The mileage on your odometer is stored in the cluster. If your car has 120,000 miles, but the cluster you're using came out of a car with 180,000 miles, your car will show 180,000 miles. You can have the odometer reprogrammed with services on eBay for around $100, or find one with just slightly higher miles than yours and wait until the numbers match exactly.
  • The Impala Ls has the tachometer in addition to the speedometer, fuel, and temperature gauges.
  • The Impala Ls Sport and SS both use a 6 gauge cluster, which contains an oil pressure gauge, and either a volt gauge (Ls) or boost gauge (SS) in addition to the tachometer, speedometer, fuel and temperature gauges. On your 3.4, the oil pressure gauge will NOT work. You can leave a dead gauge, or most people put a small block-off plate to 'delete' the gauge. The boost gauge on the SS cluster will act like a volt gauge, as that's how it's programmed in the BCM
  • Monte Carlo gauges also are a direct swap. The SS used the 6 gauge cluster, however since many of the Monte Carlo SS came with a naturally aspirated engine, the 6 gauge cluster with volt is easier to find in a Monte Carlo than an Impala.
It's a very simple and direct swap, other than the deal with the mileage.

Reactions: sheila
1 - 2 of 2 Posts