Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2011 Chevy Impala Lt with the 3.5 engine with 32000 miles. I have put 3000 miles on it since getting it.

I am averaging between 22 and 23.8 mpg doing the math.

We have have a 2006 Impala with a 3.5 motor and 154000 miles and we average right at 25 mpg.

I had a few things that needed checked had the dealer check it and said there was not anything wrong with it.

I replaced the air filter and ran seafoam through it but do not know what else to do with this low of miles.

I drive between 40 and 55 miles a day going to and from work.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Bassman1969, I'm happy to look into this matter further for you and contact your dealer on your behalf, if you like. Please send me a private message anytime for further assistance!

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Banned
748 Posts
My 08 gets about 17 on the highway and 13 around town
Why do you all talk in mpgs :p... mine has a display on the dash of 11.7L/100 kms :bang: thats city driving in cold winters with heater on all the time...

PS: does 2011 not have such feature of showing the gas mileage ? why would you want to do the math for that ?:gaah:

·
Banned
748 Posts
My friends full size Chevy truck with 4 wheel drive does as good as your Impala!
Imps. are also 4 wheels and they all turn as well :giggle: . but do note that imps. come with a big freaking engine almost same as that of a bmw. My imp. give same mileage as my friends bmw 330xi. But good thing about imp. is it takes regular gas as a champ compared to the bmw using only premium :biggrin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bassman1969, I'm happy to look into this matter further for you and contact your dealer on your behalf, if you like. Please send me a private message anytime for further assistance!

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service
Thanks Katie if I do not get it resolved I will get back with you.
I just thought there may be something I am missing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why do you all talk in mpgs :p... mine has a display on the dash of 11.7L/100 kms :bang: thats city driving in cold winters with heater on all the time...

PS: does 2011 not have such feature of showing the gas mileage ? why would you want to do the math for that ?:gaah:

My car does have average MPG calculator but do the math also because I can.

I bought the car thinking I would get the same mileage as the 2006 my wife has as it is basically the same car.

If I was going for worse mileage would have bought a truck instead!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car does have average MPG calculator but do the math also because I can.

I bought the car thinking I would get the same mileage as the 2006 my wife has as it is basically the same car.

If I was going for worse mileage would have bought a truck instead!
I also have a 2011 model i drive around 100 miles a day if not more gives me some time to play around with economy... what ive found is a couple things... first off there sweet spot is around 65mph ive acheived 36mpg highway other than that it drops easy to 23... i average about 26 combined city higway. I also have a lead foot as well... ive increase my tire pressure to 40psi... and noticed a 2mpg increase as well...still playing around see what i can get for increases ive owned it for 3 months and already put 9k on the odo....

·
Banned
748 Posts
Well right now my computer says 15mpg so i switched it too metric and it says 15.6l/100km
Huh.. how you do that ? how to switch to matric some button there for that ?

@Bassman1969 :giggle: ... so you are saying you want to drive like a girl a V6 ??:WTF:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also have a 2011 model i drive around 100 miles a day if not more gives me some time to play around with economy... what ive found is a couple things... first off there sweet spot is around 65mph ive acheived 36mpg highway other than that it drops easy to 23... i average about 26 combined city higway. I also have a lead foot as well... ive increase my tire pressure to 40psi... and noticed a 2mpg increase as well...still playing around see what i can get for increases ive owned it for 3 months and already put 9k on the odo....

Thanks Mark i have adjusted my tie pressure to 40 psi and replaced the air cleaner but still averaging the same. I usually drive around 70 on the interstate but will try holding out to 65.

Thanks again for the tips!
Randy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Huh.. how you do that ? how to switch to matric some button there for that ?

@Bassman1969 :giggle: ... so you are saying you want to drive like a girl a V6 ??:WTF:

Why are you such a Dill weed!

I use my car for apparently different a reason than :eek:k3:

·
Four-Seasons Fan!
383 Posts
~24mpg here/Seafoam use...

On my 3 trips to Mpls. this year, my '08 LTZ (3.9L obviously), got 23-24mpg.

* 95% of the result was I-94 speeds of 75-80mph, using cruise most of the time.
* Some was in-town driving of course.
* I'm not one who really cares much about gas-mileage, but at least it's better than the 2001 GMC-Jimmy we had :lol:!!
* Also- My AFM-system transitions seamlessly. I sometimes watch the DIC-display, and can't tell any sign of its operation.
* I AM enrolled the Oil-use study though!! She DOES use oil!

>>> I've been using Seafoam in my gas this year.
* I've been pouring ~ 1/2-bottle into a full tank (sometimes into a 1/2-full tank), about twice a month.
* Have always used Premium gas, but it's always been 10% Ethanol.
* For MANY years, I've used it all my small-engine stuff. NEVER have had a Carb issue!

Faron

1 - 15 of 15 Posts