Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long year and an 8 months, mostly outside in Phx. Trying to get shade whenever I can. Babied it as much as I could will now pay off.... in it very own garage space! I'm donating my 1985 Buick Riviera to PBS Charity Program.... and they pick it up Monday morning.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That old Riv sure looks nice and clean. Have you owned it since new?
Not bad for 36 yrs old, right?

2nd owner since 2003, original owner babied it too. Bought in WI, he retired to GA 12 yrs later, had it 6 yrs in GA and he passed. I got it on eBay from his estate. 2 recent buyers flaked out on me so titled the title to Charity yesterday. I'm cleaning the contents out today. It getting towed away to PBS Charity program and going to auction to get some cash for them & a write off for me. Hope all goes well & it doesn't go to junkyard. That would be a tragedy.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Change of plans, a buyer came thru last night. I cancelled the charity tow. Riviera back in Garage until shipping can be arranged, carried out. It will probably be 10 days or so.

·
Registered
2018 Impala Premier
23 Posts
That car is just stunning; glad to hear it's going to someone who truly wanted it specifically. Kudos to your impeccable upkeep!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Huh! Tried looking up a value on KBB.com and it doesn't go back any further than 1992! But a 1992 Riviera with 150k miles and "Very Good" condition has a "Private Party" range of $1000-$2500 ... about what you'd expect, I guess.

Someone's parent probably drove that particular model and now they're buying it for nostalgic reasons. I wish I still had some of my Dad's previous cars. They were nothing special, but they were the cars he drove us around in...:cry:

Reactions: Pat Currie

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Loaded up.

and off she goes, to the next owner. Ain't she pretty on the trailer, surrounded by more modern cars?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts