Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://jalopnik.com/5315148/g8-survival-again-in-doubt

Much to the frustration of G8 fans, when GM Marketing Chief Bob Lutz said the Pontiac G8 will become the Chevy Caprice he might have meant a Caprice only for police work. What's happening? To summarize: CEO Fritz Henderson first says G8 GXP survival unlikely. Then, Lutz says it's coming back. Today we find out from AutoBlog that Fritz said yesterday:

We've been looking at it for police applications. As for whether or not it's broader than police applications, I am not a believer in re-branding and re-badging. We've been talking about in terms of potential police applications and we'll leave it at that."​
It could be a long year if the "New GM" is going to be nothing but Lutz Said/Fritz Said. Either way, big G8 fans may at least be able to settle on retired police cars.

·
Banned
351 Posts
It could be a long year if the "New GM" is going to be nothing but Lutz Said/Fritz Said. Either way, big G8 fans may at least be able to settle on retired police cars.
Yes, it seems like they are being awfully capricious :)biggrin:) with their media statements. They need to get their story straight and then have a press release.

Or perhaps they like to keep the public wondering what will be as a method of generating interest... who knows :rolleyes:. Either way it is frusterating because they claimed that they wouldnt pull that type of crap anymore after coming out of bankruptcy.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Ya I was shocked when i saw that press release about the Caprice coming back. I was @ a BBQ w/ some upper GM Mgmt types MAYBE a month before hand, and from what they were saying is Imp is going Epsilon II, g8 is dead (no rebadging), yet they were still looing @ other Zeta cars possible, and no Caprice... FF 2 weeks, Putz says the G8 will go Caprice, no he's renigging on that. I think GM UPPER UPPER mgmt has their heads so far up Obama's ass they could tell you what the back of his teeth look like. Look @ Chrysler saying they were selling Viper, couldnt find a buyer (which was total BS), Now its leaked its was only a ploy to get Govt bail out and once they cleared Bankruptcy, they're keeping Viper... GM may be doing something similar with this, who knows. One things for sure, they're changing their minds an aweful lot over the last few months, and right now its anyone's guess WTF is going on over there. All I know is the Imp stays FWD, and expect more mini and micro GM cars to start popping up to meet 2015 CAFE rules. BTW, 2014 GM cars are already in the works @ GM :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts