Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first of all hello to all you b body freaks! I've owned my black 95 limited sedan for 9 years (2nd owner) and I love it. I've done some tasteful mods and know this car like the back of my hand. Well today I went to start it to take my daughter to school and on the 3rd or so spin of the engine it made a loud scratch sound like the starter was forced backwards and it coughed through the cold air intake and that was it. I have no head lights, no horn, no dash indicators, courtesy lights, radio zip. Nothing. Battery is brand new and I have a 0 ga cable to the starter. Ground is solid all the way to the block. Battery cable same thing, tight on the starter. I get 12.6v at battery and alternator but nothing at the starter. I have a feeling the fusible link blew and no amount of internet searching has told me where in the world it is. My 79 Malibu did the same thing once and displayed the same issues. So, any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Thinking it's your fuse link "A " (16 ga) located under the hood right close to the under hood electrical center. in that under hood electrical center there is a 60 amp maxi fuse called fuse 11 may have blew, check it first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All maxi fuses are good. The local buick dealer said to check the bus bars under the fuse box. Man I tried getting under there but it's hard to do. I see them and they look fine. I went ahead and cut the fusible links out and tomorrow I'm gonna cut some out of another RM at the pull a part. My friend swears I'm the only person in the world who blows fusible links. Lol. Thanks for the reply

·
That Guy!!
1,424 Posts
All maxi fuses are good. The local buick dealer said to check the bus bars under the fuse box. Man I tried getting under there but it's hard to do. I see them and they look fine. I went ahead and cut the fusible links out and tomorrow I'm gonna cut some out of another RM at the pull a part. My friend swears I'm the only person in the world who blows fusible links. Lol. Thanks for the reply
Have you looked at an autoparts store or online? I only ask because usually they carry brand new fusible links and I would personally rather do that then take really old ones out of another car. At least electronic parts and some mechanical parts anyway. :beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts