Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2004 Impala ss with 93000 mi on it. All stock. Recently I have been experiencing either a misfire or fuel cuts. The car jerks as the engine spits and spiders. This only occurs above around half throttle and above around 3 psi. Idle and low rpm the car runs great no hesitation or misfire whatsoever. I recently changed spark plugs to the ac delco iridium. While performing this task I broke a Vacuum line that goes from the throttle body to some kind of regulator for the fuel system. Fixed the vacuum line and all is good. About 3 weeks later is when I stated experiencing this problem. I would not think that this has anything to do with the plugs or the problem would have started right away. Plus if it was a spark issue you would think that it would misfire throughout the entire rpm range. There is no check engine light. I got mad the other day and held it floored and let it jerk and spit and the check engine light came on and flashed for about 30 sec. Then went back off. This one is getting the best of me. PleAse Help.

·
Super Moderator
3,943 Posts
Flashing CEL is a missfire code. Get it scanned, if one or two cylinders then you got a lot of good information from it. If it is random then you need to keep looking.

I am not familiar with the blower 3800 beyond robbing seats from Bonnie SSEIs so I will offer an idea or two based on general knowledge not specific.

A problem like this popping up a few weeks after ignition work can mean a wire was routed poorly and chaffed through, if the CEL code is one or two cylinders you have a good place to start looking. I would double check that vacuum line too.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I thought you could on pull check engine codes if the light stayed on.
ya but if it flashed u can too
also it may be in the history

easiest way to find out whats wrong is to hook up something that logs data and see whats happening

1 - 4 of 4 Posts