Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Chevy Impala (police package) and when I went to pump gas today it spewed back out at me. So I got a hanger, stuck in there and wiggled it around and afterwards I was able to pump just fine. I then added some fuel injector cleaner and now my car won't start. It sounds like the gas isn't getting through properly or something. I'm obviously not a mechanic so I don't know all the technical terms... PLEASE HELP. This car is my baby :(
*** I drove the car to Auto Zone after I pumped the gas and it did fine until I put the fuel injector cleaner in it, is it possible there was something in there and the fuel injector cleaner pushed in through the system?***

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a 2002 Chevy Impala (police package) and when I went to pump gas today it spewed back out at me. So I got a hanger, stuck in there and wiggled it around and afterwards I was able to pump just fine. I then added some fuel injector cleaner and now my car won't start. It sounds like the gas isn't getting through properly or something. I'm obviously not a mechanic so I don't know all the technical terms... PLEASE HELP. This car is my baby :(
*** I drove the car to Auto Zone after I pumped the gas and it did fine until I put the fuel injector cleaner in it, is it possible there was something in there and the fuel injector cleaner pushed in through the system?***
The furthest something could have pushed thru the system is the fuel filter. I am guessing the injector thing is a coincidence. When you turn your key to the on position before starting it do you hear the fuel pump hum at all?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Very simply, change the fuel filter and cycle the key a few times and see if you can hear the fuel pump. Im thinking filling the tank possibly broke something loose and made it way into the filter. The cleaner was under no pressure when put into the tank and dont feel it had enough time to break anything loose. Worst case, have a friend do a pressure test on the fuel system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts