Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some knowledge, i have a 2004 imp SS and i recently just ported the charger ans lowet inatke manifold, it was running fairly well untill i nailed it and everything went to shit, it started stumbing really choppy idle and rough running in general, i did get it home but testing the fuel pressure off the rail i turn key and it spikes to probaly 20-30 psi and drops to zero. Is there anything in between that could go wrong for example the pcm or other sensors having a factor in this issue, i hooked the pump up to 12 volt source and it screams so im guessing it works well, i scanned it and it said cylinder 4 misfire and then multiple random misfire after, but back to square 1 i dont have pressure at the rail, what should i be looking at for voltage with key on not running at the pump electrical plug? Or in what other way can i test the pump if it can be done with a multimeter? What numbers would i be looking for? I have one ground i am suspicous off that is right by the tensioner for the supercharger belt, dont know if thats part of the fueling circuit or not. And i also swapped relays to eliminate that question, and i do hear the pump turn on while its in the tank. I do have rewire kit from zzp sitting off to the side if maybe that would work i nust dont know which wires are what since the impala seems to be setup a little different than a gtp.

Thank, hoping for some help or insight on this issue
-dan

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tested fuel pressure from pump jumped to about 75 psi then leaked down to about 45 and held steady tested on rail again all my pressure is bleeding out yet, so i pinched the return line and pressure still bled out, ruling out the regulator correct? Pulled the plugs and when cylinder 6 plug came out gas poured out so i think i foubd my issue being the injector is stuck open at least it seemed the entire rear bank all the plugs we wet, so im gonna go ahead and order some 42lb injector since thats my next upgrade anyways, but my next question is can the injector still click and be stuck open? My reaiatance across the termianls were all 11.5-11.6 ohms, so i am under the assumption that i was sloppy and let junk into my fuel system and i have the calve stuck open on the one injector, the oil is soaked in gas and i cant tell exactly by the pkugs they were a littke darker than normal but i dont think i have any coolant leaking in.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dont run the car until you replace that injector, it is obviously leaking. If there is fuel in the oil then I would definitely not try to run the car, you run the chance of spinning a bearing if you do.

Reactions: jagabombs

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea im waitin on a starter to i dont plan on running it long i have extra oil standing by, but all i wanna do is hear it fire and run smooth maybe a minute at most, once i know that ill get it all changed out and get it to temp and do whatecer i think i have to reset the security stuff as well my light atill come on so idk, so i guess ill get fueling takin care of first.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
car is all fixed up now, didnt lube up the injector o-rings at all the surfaces were all clean and i ordered some 42 lb injectors and stuck those in. they work great, one of my injectors was dripping when i pulled the rail, and i stuck the air nozzle to it and it just sprayed out, definite problem. but yea its all fine and dandy by now and was able to beef up my fuel system in the process, very frustrating week it was haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts