Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I completely understand that this pigtail says press on one part and slide on the other. I on the other hand am having absolutely no luck getting this off. Not to mention afterwards how am I to test the signal with the noid light with my upper intake removed? Thanks guys and gals!
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Bumper Gas

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
It looks like you press on that collar where it says PRESS and then slide it up to release the Connector Position Assurance lock.
Maybe the black ears inside the gray collar are spread open or pushed toward the centre by the protrusions on the collar?
I'd take a gander down along the inside of the gray collar and try pressing in to see what happens. Dont be rough with it.

Assuming this is a 3.6L on a 2012-2017 Impala or Impala Limited. Posting the year, engine, and trim level with your question allows people to give a lot better advice.
This is a 3.6L injector pigtail with the Connector Position Assurance lock (the gray collar with PRESS on it) in the lifted open position. Click the thumbnail for a full size image
Cable Electrical supply Wire Auto part Machine

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much. It is a 3.9 L. 2007 LTZ. I managed to undo all of them and am getting 35 ohms across the board. Seems like a really high reading. But the fact that they are all the same is promising to me. I’m assuming now I need to check my fuel injector to see if it is clogged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts