Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought replacement fuel filter today (Purolator).

Crawled under car to change, but the fitting on one end looks different than what is on the car.

The one on the car is a plastic U-shaped clip (like on Fords).

The one on the replacement has a plastic clip already attached to the filter that encircles the spout coming out of the filter.

If I take the old one off, I don't think that I can get the new one on without having a leak, or it not fitting at all.

Took the new one back to the store, and had it double-checked. They looked at a multitude of years, but they are all the same part #, (even the AC/Delco) has the same kind of clip on the new one that is all the way around the filter spout coming out of the filter toward the engine.

Has anyone else changed their filter, and noticed the difference from the stock plastic retaining clip and the replacement adapter clip? How do I solve the issue?

Tomorrow, I am going to the dealer, and ask to see one that they stock for my '04, and then show them the one I got from the part store, and see what they say.

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just did this on a 3.8 so it may be different but there should be a circle bracket that the filter slides into. But it may be different on 3.4 I have t done it on my 3.4 so I don't know. It shouldnt leak if it's the same part number probably just a case of replaceing the clip as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts