Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Impala with 3.4 Engine and had noticed a drop in my MPG. I have done a complete tune-up, Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, and PCV Valve.
To no avail, my mileage has dropped from about 28 to 18, even after the tune-up. Is anyone having the same or similar problem. I am going to try some ejector cleaner on someone's recommendation, but am at a deadend with this. Could the fuel pump be a problem, anyone?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same year with the same issues, runs fine, shifts fine, I do all the regular maintenance but the mileage is still bad. I even had the Catalytic changed to see if that would do. Now I am considering cleaning the EGR and cleaning out the intake.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Could cause this:

Dirty MAF Sensor
Clogged up EGR pipe or valve
Fuel pressure regulator

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Damn, try what g25 said. Also is the csr throwing codes or have any prending/stored codes?
Bahah just realized. Look at the original post date. Damn people keep bringing back ancient threads

·
Registered
17 Posts
gas mileage gone bad

My brother in law had a Pontiac Bonneville with a 3.5? engine. His mileage went bad and he wouldn't stop taking it in to different mechanics until he got it fixed. Turned out it had low fuel pressure. I think the fix was a fuel pump.
I remember he said it would downshift on the slightest hill in the highway.
Hope this helps someone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts